Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The sum of way to many parts

so I have assembled the areas streamlined the conversations for the first part of the campaign. it saddened me to se some very large conversations being scrapped as they would not fit the new paladin theme.

What gnaws on me the most is the skill checks, for as you know, paladins aren't the most "skillful" of people. however I think the companions will make up for that with their interjections and opinions. after last nights play through I felt the companions felt more alive as they would offer opinions tips and attack bonuses for certain situations. I've gone to great lenghts to make sure that the skill checks wont be felt as a loss.

The first module I will not feature the Overland maps. those are a bit more work intensive and I still got some testing to do on the OM spawn system. however there should be a good indication on how the rest of the campaign will be. the first module is linear with a few sidequests as a option so it wont feel completely linear. I want to avoid the horrid running 20 meters,then cutscene and repeat until the players go insane.

as for role play options I hope I have made enough Personality responses for the player. from pious to gruff even poet warrior quoatations.,and of course the neutral response. I wanted to add the personality traits so that there might be oppurtunities to certain quests and items , ie. Being a lore interested paladin might grant you some bonus lore skill or certain rare tomes with unique properties. the items wont be overly powerfull but they will be helpfull and most importantly fun.

all of the weapons and armor you get are custom blueprints with original hak content I gather most people are tired of looking the same in every module.

as for fighting style I have made it so you can use any weapon type. as the holy avenger will be of a weapon type of your choosing. be it 2 handed or 1 handed. tjhough admitteddly a paladin with sword and shield will be slightly better due to the itemization and paladin mechanics.

Im on the internal testing part now and I hopwe that I will have some beta ready material around christmas time so if anyone wants to volunteer as a beta tester then I'd be happy to have you.

here is the current to do list module 1

-brush uo on some texturing on a few areas.
-complete testing a few custom skills more throughly .
-load screens
-perhaps/mayby make the bloody trailer
-finish up the vocals on lains song (a song called little red bird in the language of Manx)
-a few more conversations on the end of the module needs a check up
-finish playing the the module without any game breakers.
-fix the bugs I found.
-post it

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roger,

    If you are using my hak system to prevent me having to start again when hitting a bug, then I would like to offer help. :)

    Great to hear your own project nearly has its first part in the field. :)

    Lance.

    ReplyDelete